Pliancy.com Case Study
Pliancy, a growing technology services company, recognized the need for a complete overhaul of their existing website to reflect modern design principles, increase user engagement and infuse storytelling into their digital presence.
Armed with a lead Creative Agency, Pliancy engaged We Are Volume (WAV) to create a new WordPress website leveraging Guttenberg, and the block editor while adhering to the design system and page designs provided.
The challenges faced by Pliancy and the WAV team in this project were manifold – timeline, custom theme and tight collaboration with the stakeholders to meet the following objectives:
- Complexity of Design: Implementing a fresh and modern look that would be consistent across various platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Integration Requirements: Embedding Salesforce forms, setting up Google Analytics within GTM, Hotjar, and integrating the Career platform API to pull open job descriptions into the site
- Content Management Flexibility: Building the functionality to allow Pliancy to add and update content independently, from team members to featured content without the need for a developer
Working in tight collaboration with the Pliancy stakeholders and the lead Creative Agency WAV approached the challenge systematically, we employed an agile methodology to accomplish the following:
- Custom Development: Developed a WordPress website using Guttenberg and Advanced Custom Fields, creating approximately 12 pages driven by 8 custom block components, while maximizing reuse site wide
- Integration and Embedding: Successfully integrating the required API for job listings and embedded Salesforce forms with customized styling to function within the design system
- Content Management: Enabled Pliancy by using the default tools to manage content, and publish pages independently using the library of pre-styled Blocks
The collaboration between Pliancy and WAV resulted in a refreshed, modern, and responsive website that not only enhanced the brand’s online presence but also provided a more engaging user experience.
The new site is now a robust platform for Pliancy, allowing them to manage content efficiently and connect with their audience more effectively.